Why Isn’t My Home Heating and Cooling Evenly?October 2, 2017 9:48 pm Leave your thoughts
Do you feel like you need a sweater and blanket in one room and Bermuda shorts in the other? A lot of people find that, regardless of the season, their homes aren’t heating and cooling evenly. If this is happening in your home, it can make you and your family uncomfortable and it’s probably costing you money as well.
There are several reasons why your home may not be heating and cooling properly, but don’t worry—as your local source for furnace and HVAC repair in Santa Cruz County, Arizona, we can help. Here are a few reasons why your home may not be heating and cooling evenly and what you can do about it:
- Unit is too small for your home: Your furnace or air conditioner can only create a certain amount of hot or cool air. If your furnace or HVAC unit is the wrong size for your home, it won’t be able to heat or cool things properly. The same goes for a unit that is too large for your home. A unit that is too large will go through its on/off cycle too quickly to have a chance to properly cool or heat your home, not to mention the inefficiency and high energy costs associated with a constantly running unit.
- Leaks in the ductwork: Leaks in your ductwork will prevent the heat from distributing evenly throughout your home. The hot air escapes through the leaks, causing some rooms to be cooler than others. Leaks will also cause your heating bill to increase.
- Not properly insulated: If your ductwork, attic or walls are not properly insulated, it can allow the heat to escape. Similar to leaks in your ductwork, poorly insulated rooms will feel cooler than other rooms in your home. If you live in an older home, especially, poor insulation is most likely the source of your drafty home.
- Outdated unit: If you live in an older home, chances are, your furnace or HVAC unit may be nearing the end of its lifespan. As your unit gets older, it starts to lose power and efficiency. A unit on its last leg won’t be able to properly blow the hot or cool air throughout your home, causing uneven temperatures in your space.
- Unit needs maintenance or repairs: Your furnace and HVAC unit require regular maintenance in order to work efficiently and cool or heat your home evenly. To get the most out of your furnace and HVAC unit, the number one thing you can do is stay on top of their regular maintenance. Checking your HVAC and furnace regularly can help identify problems like leaks, poor insulation and other issues while also making sure things like the filter and other parts of the unit have been serviced.
If you’re having issues with your home heating and cooling unevenly, call Bustamante Refrigeration. Although we specialize in refrigeration, we also offer services for furnace and HVAC repair in Santa Cruz County, Arizona. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today!
Categorised in: HVAC Repair
This post was written by Writer