Your HVAC system is one of the most important systems in your home. It’s crucial to maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature so you’re not sweating during the summer or freezing in the winter. That’s why it’s so devastating when it stops working properly. You then need an HVAC contractor who can quickly solve the problem. An HVAC specialist should be well trained in dealing with some of the most common issues afflicting HVAC systems in Nogales, AZ and how to repair them. Unfortunately, not all HVAC contractors deserve your business. Some might even try to cheat or deceive you just to make a quick buck. Luckily, you can easily identify the best in the business just by following these five tips:
- Check licenses: Most states and cities require all contractors to obtain a special license to work. This ensures that they meet the designated standards set by the local governing bodies. Check with your local government office to make sure any company you plan to work with is properly licensed.
- Insurance: What would you do if someone were to get injured while repairing your HVAC? What about if they were to accidentally put a dent in your wall while carrying a large part or component? A reputable contractor will carry insurance so you aren’t financially responsible in the event something goes wrong. Ideally, they should carry business insurance and workers’ compensation.
- Check reviews: Narrow down your list of potential HVAC contractors by reading online reviews. These are one of the few uncensored looks into a business available to a potential customer. Pay special attention for any repeat complaints and steer clear of any companies plagued by predominantly negative comments. While some bad reviews can be expected with any contractor, consider it a warning if there are just too many for comfort.
- Consider price, but don’t let it be the deciding factor: Many homeowners allow pricing to be the driving factor when hiring an HVAC contractor. However, while price is important, it isn’t everything. You want someone who can provide good information up front after inspecting the unit and asking any necessary questions. Low prices can be deceiving, as they often fail to account for hidden costs, such as specialized parts. You should generally be wary of any prices that seem too good to be true. Instead of opting for the lowest price, it’s best to look for one that mirrors the average estimate you received.
- Get it in writing: You should never have to pay for something you didn’t agree to. A trustworthy HVAC contractor will provide you with a detailed estimate for your review before the work begins. This document should break down all the different parts needed for the repair and how much they cost, in addition to what you can expect to pay in labor. Review the estimate thoroughly and ask any questions before signing off on anything.
The choice is easy when considering the professionals at Bustamante Refrigeration. With more than 35 years of experience in repairing HVAC systems in Nogales, AZ, we’re a trusted source for all of your heating and cooling needs. Get in touch today to learn more!
Categorised in: HVAC Systems
This post was written by Writer